CIS & RAM _  
  2008 IEEE CIS & RAM  
  _   June 1-3, 2008 | Chengdu | Sichuan | China    
_ _
China Visa Application

A Chinese Visa is a permit issued by Chinese Visa authorities to non-Chinese citizens for entry into, exit from and transit through China. American citizens and citizens of most countries are required to obtain a China Visa before entering China. There are eight categories of ordinary Chinese visas, which are respectively marked with the letters C, D, F, G, J-1, J-2, L, X and Z.

F Visa: Also known as business Visa, an F Visa is issued to applicants who are invited to China for business, research, lecture, scientific-technological and culture exchanges, short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of no more than six months.

In order to apply for a Chinese Visa, you might want to get the following documents ready:

Valid/signed passport (valid for 6 months beyond stay; with at least one blank Visa page).
2 Former Chinese nationals need to submit either their old original Chinese passport or original birth certificate.
3 China Visa application forms  completed and signed.
4 1 Passport photograph.

*Proof of departure--computer generated flight itinerary from the travel agent.
*Proof of hotel booking

6 Business cover letter from employer or sponsoring company, on company letterhead, introducing the applicant, indicating the applicant’s employment status/position held in the company, and clearly stating the purpose of visit to China. The business letter must also indicate who will be financially responsible for the applicant, provide detailed contact information in host country, and specify the number of entries being requested.
7 Official Invitation is required for applicants within the following jurisdictions: Chicago and Houston. The letter of invitation must come from a sponsor (either host company or individual) explaining the relationship to the applicant, purpose of travel, length of stay, place of stay, and contact information.

Please note the following specifications for each jurisdiction.

Chicago and Houston:
The letter of invitation must have the Chinese Municipal seal.

Please contact the conference secretariat to request an official invitation letter.

China Visa Validity - Single entry visas are to be used within 3 months of issue. Double entry visas can be issued for 3 or 6 months, but usually 3 months. Multiple entry visas are based on the invitation for either 6 or 12 months. Time allowed to stay in China is 30 days for most Visas.

China Visa Processing Time - Visas are usually processed in 5 working days. 24 hours and same day processing are available for additional fees.

For more information, please check the Embassy of the People's REpublic of China in the United States of America or contact your local Chinese Embassy.

   © 2007 IEEE